Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sew Thinky Thursday: Week 7


Bad sewing habits. Do you have them? Share with us, what are your worst habits when it comes to sewing?


My worst sewing habit? Leaving my iron on my pressing mat face down. Eek I know! I can say that it's really rare that I do this and then walk away, but I ALWAYS leave it face down while I re-position my fabric etc. I've got a nice singed area on my pressing mat. (ok so you've found me out - I've been using a folded up towel on my table as a pressing mat for.... four years? I should get an ironing board, but I don't want to shell out big bucks for the nice ones I want! 

Lets see, other bad habits. I leave fabric stacks around my sewing room... sometimes I have to clean the sewing room in order to start a new project only because all the good fabric is already out somewhere. LOL. 

****

Now it's your time to fess up. Write about your worst sewing habit and link your post up here. Don't forget to stop back to read what everyone else has shared. We all love comments so don't forget to say hi!






6 comments:

  1. I forget to unplug the iron when done sewing... I throw all of the threads on the floor and spread them throught my house and anywhere else I vernture!
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only change my needle when it gets really bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow leaving the iron face down! That scares me. I get worried when I leave the room with the iron on (but in the upright position) haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny you should mention this...I just saw today in the bed bath & beyond flyer, a portable ironing mat for $20! I didn't even know they made those! I am constantly going back & forth between my tiny sewing room and the kitchen (that's where the iron is...don't ask) and a mat would just be so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My bad sewing habit is definitely leaving my cutting mat and rotary cutter on the kitchen table all the time (just ask my husband). I don't have any other place to keep the mat (it's the really big size) and I don't want to lug it all the way back to my little sew area in the bedroom to stuff behind my desk when I'm just going to need it again the next day. So we just cram together on one side of the table to eat dinner while the cutting mat occupies the other side. I do put it away for major holidays, but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My bad sewing habit is definitely leaving my cutting mat and rotary cutter on the kitchen table all the time (just ask my husband). I don't have any other place to keep the mat (it's the really big size) and I don't want to lug it all the way back to my little sew area in the bedroom to stuff behind my desk when I'm just going to need it again the next day. So we just cram together on one side of the table to eat dinner while the cutting mat occupies the other side. I do put it away for major holidays, but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete