Sunday, December 16, 2012

Zebra Bow Clutches

zebra bow clutch
Zebra bow clutch - the colors are slightly off in this pic - that top one is bright pink!

As I'm working on some serious paper piecing these days I figured I'd share some more pouches! 

I made these three bow pouches last week in a hurry for my friend Shannon. Shannon saw the pink clutch I made during the pouch hop and asked if I'd make her a couple for herself and a couple friends. Of course! :) She had the idea of using two fabrics - and when I showed her Elaine's two toned one she was sure she needed one (or three!). 

I'm really glad for Shannon's fabric choices - the suggestion of zebra print (and the fact that I knew Joann's had some = instant gratification!) was perfect! I'm in love with these! 

Looking back, I realize I've made a whopping 11 of these pouches! I've made quite a few changes from the original tutorial - including using my own cutting diagram so that it takes up a lot less fabric. ... I've changed the construction methods on the zipper, strap, and the small part of the bow. I will still continue to credit to Whitney of Elm Street Life who posted the original tutorial. I guess I just don't like following instructions. I made it my own way. :) Her way is a great place to start though!

As for these zebra pouches, they're already making their way back to Ohio. Shannon will hopefully have them in time for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment