Friday, June 15, 2012

Teacher Gifts: Pencil Pouches!

Wednesday was Allie's last day of preschool for the year so a teacher appreciation gift was in order. 

After much thought and some discussions with others on Facebook I decided to go with fabrics that match my Pretty Pleats Tote because they were fun and summery. 

I grabbed the dimensions from this tutorial, but winged the rest - they're lined but with the bottom raw edges covered with ribbon. 

Also - for the first time - I used my Mini Moo cards as a little tag. They looked too cute there (and we won't go into how long it took me to find the hole punch for them!)

Allie was super cute - and while she didn't exactly get all her thank you's out, she did graciously help with the gift unwrapping. lol. :)


I'm glad that Allie has had such a good experience for her first year in school - and that's all thanks to her teachers!! 

4 comments:

  1. These are really sweet! Great teacher gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are cute! love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute! Great idea...things like that are never where you expect them to be =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love these little pencil pouches, especially the flatness which makes them seem very stealth. I'm thinking I need to make a couple to throw in my make-up bag.

    ReplyDelete