Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pretty Pleats Tote

This weekend I've spent a bit of time playing around with fabric for myself. First I'll share my favorite - the Pretty Pleats Reversible Tote!


A few weeks ago I started seeing all my bloggy/flickr friends making these - they were pattern testing for Michelle. Let me tell you, I've only ever followed one purse pattern before, so it wasn't like I typically do this sort of thing... furthermore, I hate following patterns. This one was a breeze though!!


I can't tell you how impressed I am by this pattern!! I love that Michelle provided cutting instruction to make frugal use of your fabric (and to make cutting easy!). Most of the pattern pieces can be at least partially cut using a rotary cutter!

The directions were straight forward and precise. No surprise "try to figure it out yourself" moments. It was late-night-sewing friendly. No cussing even. :)

I'm so excited to use this tote! I think it's my new going to work bag!

Thanks Michelle for writing such a fabulous pattern! I see more of these in my future!

11 comments:

  1. This is so fantastic! I love the fabric you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO! THAT'S A REALLY NEAT BAG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great. Love the bold bright fabric choice =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those pleats! they're so neat. that fabric looks interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this bag! After seeing yours, I've added the pattern to my "list".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love the pleat detail along the front, and you've picked great fabric for this bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for posting this - I've just bought the pattern :) Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty indeed! Love this and will have to make one one day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny - I had the exact same problem with this bag! Bought the pattern immediately, have sewn one and have more in the works - love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete