Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A quilt received finally!


About a week ago I finally got around to sending out my Fish Baby Quilt to it's recipient. Baby Joseph. He is the son of one of my dear friends, Alexandra. Alexandra and I met while serving the children of the Fargo ND   area by leading Catechesis camps one summer. Her prayer life is an inspiration to all who know her, and I knew with her artistic background she'd appreciate the non-traditional baby colors of this quilt.


As you can see by the sweet boy cuddling there, they've received the quilt now and I can stop worrying about it in the mail (and it cost much less than I thought it would to ship!). I've actually already received a very sweet thank you note from Joseph's parents. Too cute. I hope to be able to visit them soon -- they're only a few hours away! 



Here are some details about the quilt. I've already blogged a little bit about this quilt here. But since that post I'd added a little bit of embroidery to two of the corners. One corner has Joseph's last name embroidered. The other corner has the bible verse: 1 Samuel 1: 27 which roughly translates to "I have prayed for this child and the Lord has heard and answered me." A verse that is very close to my heart. I'm glad that it'll be well loved and used! 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilt and really lovely verse. What a special quilt!

    ReplyDelete