Thursday, December 22, 2011

...


Our first Christmas tree.. it's tiny like Allie. And she loves it!

(Dear family, especially Roseann and Linda don't read this post!)

I've been a busy little sewer this year... somehow I decided to whip up a few projects for gifts... and that ended up with me sewing for everyone! Here's part of the tally.

Tons of Zip Pouches for my sister, brother in law, and two other relatives (although most are for my sister). The cloth bags are all made from scraps, sized according to the uses my sister wanted (example: snacks for the purse). The plastic type bags were made from cutting up plastic coated re-usable bags from various places. Michaels, Pier One, and of course my grocery store! lol.You can get about two whole FQ's worth of material out of a single bag for $0.99! that's a deal! I also used this tutorial/measurement guide for those box pouches. they turned out perfectly!

 Stockings for the little girls. From right to left  Allie's stocking (made several years ago... I didn't get around to making her a new one, this one is really poorly made - I didn't know how to sew a 1/4 seam then!). Then the green and red one is for Rosemarie made with scraps and porthole blocks. Then Katee's which is actually almost entirely scraps from my mom's quilt - much more grown up (and my fav!). Then last is Gia's which sat in my head long enough that I HAD to make it! lol. All these were using scraps (except the backs) - so it's like a free project right? I used the pattern from Purlbee for the shape.


Some close-ups of the insides of a couple pouches. I used these adorable printed iron-on labels that I received in a swap this year. I'm sorry that I can't for the life of me think of who it was that sent them! Step up if it was you, because they're awesome and add such a finished touch to these bags!



Finally a couple rice pocket warmers!


And a still WIP... Swoon Quilt! I finished four blocks yesterday! I'm ready for sashing but wasn't frugal enough with my white... I'll have to buy a bit more to sash it!

That's it... ok well there's still quite a bit more... and another whole quilt that's so close to being finished!!

1 comment:

  1. Love to see that Swoon Quilt as soon as it is together. Looks awesome from this photo.

    ReplyDelete