Thursday, November 3, 2011

Odds and Ends...


 What has happened this week in my sewing life? Not much. I've cut some more fabric for my Swoon quilt (which I've decided will be called "Free Spirit" As in the fabric manufacturing company. lol. I noticed as I was gathering fabrics that the majority of fabrics were Anna Maria Horner, Tula Pink, and Joel Dewberry... all printed by Free Spirit. Above are the fabrics that I ordered last week to round the others for the Swoon quilt. I'm really in love with that roundish Joel Dewberry print (the one in two different colorways). And who knew it'd play so well with that random AMH print? Spectacular. :) That stack makes me happy -- I haven't decided if the blue/white print on the left will make it into the quilt. Probably not.


Then there's this canvas bag from the Sewing Summit. I worked on this at the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild last week. In giving us all blank canvas totes at the Summit they challenged us to decorate them however we saw fit. I used some strips of charm squares roughly sewn together and then sewn to the bag. I've got more to do to the bag before it's finished, but I'm really loving it so far.


Speaking of the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild meeting... we made MorsBags - pretty awesome. Allie used mine for her trick or treating. This was the first time she went and she had no idea what she was in for!! She won't stop talking about trick or treating! lol. As you can see she went as tinkerbell - in a store bought costume that we already owned. :) At least I made the bag! :) I hope you all had a great Halloween! :)

1 comment:

  1. Your little girl is so adorable!

    I like the blue and white print because it is different from all the others -- might give the eye somewhere to "rest" when looking at all those delicious beautiful pinks! :)

    ReplyDelete