Monday, June 6, 2011

Seriously?

I'm 92% finished sewing a mug rug for a guild swap... and my tension somehow gets knocked out of whack. The top thread is looping on the bottom of the fabric. I've cleaned out the hook area (and all the other areas for that matter), oiled, precisely re-threaded, changed needles, changed bobbins, changed thread. Nothing. I've checked the top tension. I've checked that there's not any fuzz between the tension discs. Seriously? This is annoying. I've done everything but change the bobbin tension (it's too late at night to commit to something like that).

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement table top type thing for an old White machine? I'm about to give up on this singer. Ok I'm not going to do anything that extreme, but I'm really getting fed up with this. This machine is less than two years old and is well maintained.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have any idea :-( I hope you figure it out... I'm like you, I would just keep trying those same things. Is your bobbin spinning clockwise as the thread is pulled from it?

    As far as replacement parts, no idea on that, either. I'm not much help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! I have no idea how to fix that, and don't know about the table either... I am prepping to come over soon, hope Nancy is feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete