Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Words of Danielle Rose:

"I am the beginning in the end. I am the faith in your believing. I am the color of truth. I am the dreamer of your dreams. I am falling in your love. I am the words of a prayer. I am the silence in the music. I am the music in the silence. ...I am the cross you carry again."
A sweet inspiring song for you as we begin lent. The traditional question on Ash Wednesday is "What are you giving up?" And I don't have an answer for that. I'm stuck. But I'm going to try to let the words of Danielle Rose speak to me. I wish I were bold enough to declare I was going to do things like I did in college. Saying the Rosary daily, or going to daily mass. But that's not where I'm at right now. For now, I'm going to contemplate the prayers of Danielle's cd (Defining Beauty - which I actually randomly found at the gift shop at the retreat this weekend). For now that will have to be enough.

If you're interrested here is a playlist with more Danielle Rose music. She's quite sweet (in real life too) and poetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment