Monday, November 29, 2010

WOW!


I just made a Gathered Clutch from the tutorial by noodlhead. I decided to cut fabric for two of them, one for my mom, and one for my MIL. I am ok when it comes to sewing in zippers. I am pretty decent at most other sewing. Why did it take me almost three hours... maybe more... to assemble them? (ok to assemble one and partially assemble the other). I just don't get how to get those ends of the zipper looking so neat and tidy. It doesn't work so well for me. I can't ever figure out am I supposed to sew all the way to the edge here, or almost to the edge there, are those tabs supposed to be tucked under while I sew the body of the bag together? lol. The zipper itself was a breeze (ok almost a breeze), but those silly ends / sewing the body together just kicked my butt! I decided to set the second one aside (with just that last step to go) until tomorrow. lol. I'm not sure if my mediocre finished product is worth all the effort. I like the boxed pouches much better because when I was done sewing them I felt like the end product was worth the time taken to sew it. :) That's of course aided by the fact that while sewing the boxed pouches I didn't get frustrated nearly as often. lol. In theory I should be able to figure out how to neaten my sewing around those ends of the zipper. I hope! :)
PS - I used some of the new Tula Pink fabric for the pouch(s) - it sure is beautiful fabric!!

1 comment:

  1. I ♥ Parisville! I have not yet purchased any. I will have to stop in at my LQS soon and see if they have it yet.

    Yours is really the first gathered clutch I've seen that I liked. I don't know if it's because of the print on the fabric, or just that it's darker overall. But it looks great!

    Nice work :-)

    ~ Meagan

    ReplyDelete