Monday, November 29, 2010

So this is love....

 Yep, you're seeing correctly. I actually cut into my AMH Innocent Crush FQ's! All for my hubby! Ok so maybe it's not completely self giving... it's also because I so badly want to sew with this fabric, but I want it to stay in my house. :) So this will become a Color Block Quilt using the tutorial from Stitched in Color (now go over to her flickr group and ooh and ahh over all the color bricks!). I'm still not 100% sure that this is the best use of this fabric, but hey, DH is really excited (and it gets me out of shopping for a birthday and Christmas!), and it gives me the freedom to play with some of the scraps too! Another perk? I edited the FQ stack I'd bought, reserving the lighter purples/pinks so I can add them to my AMH stash and maybe even use some with those lighter Tula Pink fabrics. :) Possibly another quilt right there for me! :)
Oh and tomorrow's Fabric Tuesday, go on over and play along!

**EDIT**
I've already sewn these all together - one more step and I'll be forced to go buy more grey at the fabric store. Oh darn! :) This sure is a gift that keeps giving! :)
Delightful colors yes?

9 comments:

  1. I always find it so nerve-wracking to cut into a fabric I really like. I'm always afraid i'll make a mistake and not have enough to make up for it and be completely out of luck lol. So kudos for cutting into such beautiful fabric! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love some of those colorbrick quilts I've seen, and I think Innocent Crush will look awesome in that pattern. You've got one very lucky husband! Happy Fabric Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Innocent Crush! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to see the quilt! i love I C!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, I have a fq set of these waiting to be sewn too! I love that pattern you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this quilt is an awesome choice for your fabric! I can't wait to see the finished product!

    I am thinking that I might like to make a quilt from this pattern, also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha - i know what you mean -- so hard to cut into those favorite fabrics!! and that's smart -- just make the quilt for your husband so essentially you get to keep it :) smart girl!


    this is my first time visiting ... came from your link on fab. tues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT choice of fabric for a Colour Bricks quilt! Good for you for cutting and getting started.

    ReplyDelete
  9. fun fun fun! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete