Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A little home decorating.

Here's a sweet display in front of my cutting table in the sewing room. A pic of the baby, some finger painting, an unfinished little quilt top, and some ric-rac garland!
 Today, a need to clean/organize the house turned into an opportunity to hang some quilts for decoration! Above is a pic of my the gorgeous DQS9 quilt that I received - now hanging on my sewing room wall.
 
Here is a little display in Allie's room. I plan to add a couple little girlie doll quilts here too, once I make them. The word cloud is from www.wordle.com (you have to download a tool that will take a screen shot of your wordle, then print it in color. The frame is a vinyl decal I got for $2 at Target, I'm kicking myself for not buying the other pack of them!
Finally here's a quilt I've been wanting to post about. No, I didn't make it. This was made for DH when he was born, by a friend of his grandmother. I believe it was machine pieced and definitely hand quilted (impeccably!). It has spent it's first 27 years in a box in a closet (maybe in the attic?). So the dilemma is, is it worse to hang it and risk a bit of damage over the years, or to hide it away in a closet for the rest of it's existence? I think it's too beautiful to hide. It was never ever used since my mother-in-law was afraid to mess it up. I think the first time my husband ever recalled seeing it was when I pulled it out of the closet!

2 comments:

  1. Definitely too beautiful to hide away! It is better to show it off a bit, and enjoy it, than to let it sit unseen in a closet forever.

    ~ Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily,

    You are the winner of the Pomegranate colorway from my blog giveaway. Congratulations! You can email me with your address here: freshsqueezedfabrics (at) gmail (dot) com

    I noticed that you are in the Pillow Talk Swap too. So far I am really enjoying making my project. I like to be able to piece something small without committing to a large project like a quilt. I see more pillows in my future!

    ReplyDelete