Friday, May 28, 2010

I made a skirt!


Matching Clothes...
Originally uploaded by emedoodle
Today during the baby's nap time I was reading through my blog list and noticed a cute skirt someone had made on a whim. I decided, "I should make myself a skirt!" and then made one. No pattern, no planning, just some extra length of a sheet, a skirt that is too big (but a good shape), a zipper (wrong color) and a fabric pen. All in all it took maybe 45 minutes? Not long at all - I even had enough time left of the baby's nap to shave my legs! Oh the little joys.

As a result we've got the first ever matching mommy & baby picture. I'd made Allie's dress about a month ago, but today was the first time I'd put her in it due to the cold/rainy weather.

PS: the worst part of making this skirt wasn't the zipper... it was the hemming on a bias... yuck. LOL. Still, it was very easy.

1 comment:

  1. That is such a great skirt. You both look cute! I NEED to sew some clothes myself. Keep on inspiring!

    ReplyDelete