Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sewing with Friends

For Christmas my dear husband got me a new Singer Confidence sewing machine! So... here I am with my dining room table dueling sewing machines. This made it very easy to have my friend Mary over to teach her to sew. Here she is sewing away!
Finished projects: shopping bags for Christmas presents (Mary made a ton of these!).

She made this onsie dress for her neice too! Pretty awesome huh?
Then my neice Katee came over with her new American Girl doll Samantha. Samantha needed some more clothes so we fashioned this bathing suit out of the foot of a sock (which was remaining from making leggins for the baby).
Samantha needed hair ties that wouldn't rip out her hair too - so we cut the foot of the other sock into loops. Perfect!
Here's Samantha's quilt. Yep, designed and sewn by my 9 yr old neice!
and backed with scraps from a thrifted pillowcase. A pocket there at the bottom, for secrets - with her initials on it (iron on)
Samantha with her new stuff! Great job Katee!!!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment